Monthly Archives: October 2012
How many times have you thought of Disney’s Haunted Mansion and thought, “I would totally live there.” (Three, thanks for asking.) Well, now you sort of can, because some inspired wingnut built a replica, and it’s for sale!
I was only interested in seeing if props from the mansion ever went up for sale. (“Antique” mirror frame, slight vomit marks, requires 220 outlet.) What I found was so much better, and at $873,000 for 10,000 square feet in a gated community near Atlanta, GA, it’s a screaming deal. (Oh, like you could have resisted that pun.)
What do you get? A lot, but of course the most important thing is the one electronically haunted bathroom, because otherwise, WHAT IS THE POINT?
- Over 10,000 Square Feet (Closer to 11,000)
- 7 Bedrooms and 6 Bathrooms
- Two story Library with Gas Burning Fireplace & Separate Wet Bar
- Corian Counter Tops in Kitchen with Butler Pantry and Great room
- Professional Kitchen Equipment stays with a Vulcan Commercial Stove
- Wood Floors & Walk In Closets Throughout
- 1,100 Square Foot Cypress Wood Roof Deck
- Lower Trex Deck with top of the line 8 Person Hot Tub
- Magnificent Private Backyard with Wooded Conservation Land View
- Matching Custom Wood Children’s/Pet Play House
- 2nd Floor Front Terrace overlooking Neighborhood Park on Cul-de-Sac
- 3 Car Garage with 1200 amp Electrical Service & Distributed panel Electrical system
- Ready for Elevator in Central Stair Shaft
- Concrete Hardie Plank Siding and 2nd Floor Heat Pump
- Blown-in Insulation and Metal Roof
- 6″ Interior Walls around Lower Level and All Bathrooms to Reduce Sound
- Community Security, Pool and Recreation Center
It’s really a lovely house. Click on this photo for the eBay listing, and scroll down for bunches of luscious photos.
It was Nikki of Obsessive Chihuahua Disorder who pointed out the Swarovski-studded toidy.
Now, this strikes me as inherently unhygienic, but the article mentions that the same maker came up with a chrome toilet, and I love that idea.
I think I’d have to make “vroom noises” while sitting on it.
Now, if your commode budget doesn’t stretch to the tens of thousands, may I suggest this small chrome toilet with a clock in the seat, which is also a business card holder.
I’m trying to think of an appropriate use for this sucker… Reminder card for your gastroenterologist appointment? Sales rep for a hangover cure? Bulemia support group? Help me out here.